So on the way back from Texas a few days ago, I became super depressed. I had spent time with DeAnna, Jeannette, Michelle, Sylvia... women who love me. Women who are interested in my welfare, care for me, reach out to me. I realized how much I missed and NEEDED that. Here, in Alaska, I'm in love with the Last Frontier, but am lonely. I have met some super awesome chicks, but a part of me was looking to fill the void my Texans left. That was absolutely wrong of me.
I began to pray, in earnest, for full and true support system. For women who needed my friendship in a healthy way, and not for their physical or financial existence. Women who not only wanted my company, but knew I wanted theirs. I dunno... just a circle of friends. I'm so grateful for the two women I already have, but with different lifestyles and priorities, it's sooooo hard to access each other.
Upon my return, I met a new lady at the church for some Chick BBQ event shopping. Not only did she insist on paying for lunch (something I always do), she offered to drive (again, always me). I was super grateful, and bought her some Starbucks for the road. She's so easy to be around! She's also Mexican... FROM TEXAS. And HATES Texas. OMG, I was in hog heaven. We didn't stop laughing or gabbing for even a moment! It was a great day.
I ABHOR "begging," but I swallowed my pride a couple of days ago, and a day after the shopping trip, and asked one of the women from Bible Study to meet me for coffee for my birthday. She hugged me and said she'd definitely make time. I felt a bit better. Then, the day before, at Bible Study, she ANNOUNCED it, and other women WANTED to be a part of the coffee date. I was so flattered, I almost wept. I quickly scuttled out and headed home, afraid to hope it was true. So many disappointments here in Alaska on the friend front... could these women really care to be around me on my birthday?
Brace yourself: I walked in and they had decorated a couple of Starbucks tables with napkins, gifts, and a sugar free cheesecake.
Yes, I cried.
After I stopped being a goober, they showered me with laughter and love and coffee. We ate up that cheesecake and enjoyed our time. It was then that they invited me to go with them to IHOP and Build A Bear for one of their daughter's birthday... also yesterday. I refused to impose, but they were insistent. I went... and couldn't have been happier.
Long story short (I know, too late), I had a better birthday than I could've imagined. So much fun... new friendships, great gifts, awesome cheesecake, and the promise of God's love coming to fruition AGAIN.
I am blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment