Friday, June 5, 2009

Observations

Have you ever noticed that little nudge in your tummy that comes you face a choice? That tiny bouncing ball in your gut that is clearly pinging you to make one choice over another? That's your Holy Spirit sending you a message. Funny how as I get older, my little bouncing ball slams a little harder around in my belly. Or perhaps I'm just more in tune with it.

I've been faced with many life choices over the years. Many large, a few small, and all shaping me into the woman I am today. I am surprised, however, by how much more vivid my life is as I grow older. Perhaps it's the responsibility of shaping my children's lives, or maybe it is the peace that comes with being secure in who (and what) you are, but when the Holy Spirit speaks, I WANT to listen.

The Holy Spirit is a gentlemen, my friend Autumn once said. He never forces Himself upon us, but taps gently, and waits for our attention. How nice, I think! How nice that God loves me so much that He has provided a gentleman to escort me at all hours of the day and night. I want my sons to absorb this lesson far sooner than I have. I want them to have EVERY advantage I enjoy now, and then some.

I gotta quit having cake for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment